Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Love- Hate affair with technology

technology loves me..
my 2 year old PC has been allowing me to video edit, sound edit, among the other mundane tasks of connecting to people, researching, entertaining as i go through my semi hermit/ sabbatical phase.

my new UPS gives me assurance of constant power as i've been used to the not hitting the save button being used to a laptop. I won't go crazy with unsaved stuff.

i have crossed-over to xp with my eee. i have found additional use/s for my baby. a sound digitizer and basic mixer and audio content caster. I have a renewed love affair with my very first walkman while i digitize legacy stuff from cassettes (awww i actually threw away a lot of tapes during my magnolia-astoria transfer, but naaahhh... there are new music avenues to discover anyway. I get to have a senti kick from using my walkman anyway -- actually a "music jogger" since it isn't a sony)

next step for me is to make it my web management mobile station.. i am taking super risks with making my desktop (with all of my data and video/ art projects i do for friends) open to the viral assault of the www.

i am still basking in the joy of saving at least 2 months of internet connection fees via my free wifi syphoning scheme (albeit unreliable at times)from the nearby mall. where in the world can you have 3 to 7 options to hook-up wifi with in your your own home.

technology hates me..
my edsamail gone along with some point a to point b connection to old friends who hasn't been updated/ aware of my mobile, blog, ims.

my smart -addict supplied phone (a nokia n70) suddenly went dead. Phonebook numbers and important messages included :( i am using an ericsson phone now, and i get crazy with the interface relearn.

data amnesia from 1s and 0s :( i have a dying mobile hard disk (60 gig of data,) and a corrupted flash (2 gig of work-in-progress stuff gone.) -- as always, my usual technology flaw.. back-up back-up back-up!!!

No comments:

Mga Nadaldal