Saturday, September 22, 2007

Private space part 2

I was going out of my unit and i saw that my adjacent door neighbor is doing a lipat bahay mode. Elevator opened and I went in and a rushing househelp. She smiled.

"ma'am san po ba yun Santi's"
"sa first floor tapos ikot ka sa kabilang entrance"
"thank you po."

Then my usi self kicked in..

"paalis ba kayo or palipat?"
"ay sa may ari po ako, umalis na kasi yung umuupa at may titingin inaayos lang namin."
"ah"

Then suddenly a panic attack!

"Uh, ano yung sumisilip? Taiwanese ba?!!!!!"
"Ay hindi po ako marunong tumingin kung ano ang pagkakaiba ng chinese sa taiwanese, pare-pareho po na (does the eye squint with matching pointer fingers pulling eyes apart).. chinese po"
OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!



*****

BTW, isang PSA. My Taiwanese boss needs to find a furnished condo unit because he'll be staying longer here in PH and it's cooler for him to have a rental than arranging for hotels everytime he is here. He actually wants a unit in Astoria.

So let the quest for a Katipunan place begin!

No comments:

Mga Nadaldal