Thursday, May 21, 2015

Coworking@CoLab

Everytime I had a meeting back in the early 2000.  People always ask me where my office is,  I always tell them in jest that we have 256 branches nationwide.  It was a home-office setup for me for almost 3 years for ASUS Ph.  I being the sole local representative would have my official address in one of our showrooms but process meetups in coffeeshops near my home.  That was telecommuting in the era of the early millennium.  Yesterday,  i was invited to a gathering of like minds who want to change the world one idea at a time.   The Spark Project, a Philippine focused crowdfunding platform had its meeting in Co.Lab, a coworking space near the CBD Ortigas.  (3 Brixton St. Kapitolyo, Pasig -- paces after ACE Water Spa)  It was such a solution I needed then,  solutions for comfortable workspaces especially for me who wants to move and walk around while thinking (this is a new discovery about myself while doing my Jawbone steps moments.)  for fast wi-fi (well internet then since most laptops i lug around needed RJ 11 connections) conducive to work environments.   

Co.Lab gave us seating options in their communal area depending on your preference.  Bar stool, executive, or comfortable sofa.  Their tables are the conference room versions where you can easily plug in for juice without the need to bend or crawl.  The walls are glass surfaces encouraging you to write your venns and project your gantts.  They also have meeting cub holes for the intimate type of meetings.  

Free coffee.

Coworking spaces,  a concept for the work telecommuters, freelancers and “manylancers”, where golden handshakes  are sealed.  

I want to go back to this lifestyle,  i am too tied up on my desk. Unshackle me.

Special thanks to the Spark Project for introducing me to this find.  

  

No comments:

Mga Nadaldal