Sunday, May 17, 2015

Deadlines, deadlines.

It feels like high school again.  Deadlines and assignment left and right.
At one point the adrenaline gets me going.  Personal deadlines along with office and passion project deadlines.   Who signed me up for this? 

My old screenwriting groupie encouraged me to try to send something to one of the yearly festivals.   I initially was not into doing anything creative as my work and my current passion projects are mostly strategic,  creativity just by means of interface, visuals and titles.  I thought i would not have the energy to muster a hundred pages of script for a full length.  Remembering some pre-worked ideas set aside to good timing and inspiration,  i got my something and processed an update and finally had an entry.  I even added a weekly serial entry that was initially an app project of mine and now became a tv concept.  Call that multi platform.  Call that convergence.

To my dismay,  the deadline was a pussyfoot,  it said initially April 30 with a balikbayan load full of requirements and then at the last minute it moved the deadline to June.  I can boldly rant about it in behalf of the people who beat deadline.  Nice.

Then last i found a deadline for proposals that my web app project fits deadline May 15,  but i got hooked by the idea that they will feedback on the 17th.  How about that?  It is a crowdfunding platform and this is my first for this platform and just the second funding proposal for this project (missed the cut the first time :().  I scrambled to put up the needed information to build my entry.  I still have a hard time in developing these kinds of proposals, a newbie of 1 online miss, 1 face to face greenlight that fell flat during negotiations.. Huh..Long story..). that is why i still haven't found my funding match.

Another cinema festival deadline is coming i will unabashedly resubmit my full length concept.  This is better than my works lying around my hard disks without an eyeball with anyone but me.  That is so wrong about me.  I write but I don't share,  not that I am sure that what I write is worth anybody's while but I think this is my resolve.  So now i go ahead at least for this season,  I will submit stuff from the baul.  

At the same day of this deadline,  will be a deadline set by festival number 1 for me to complete more, more, more requirements to my balikdbayan box of an entry.  Like what?  That ream thick of an entry still had lacking items!!!

Universe hear me roar. 



Update : May 17,  i just got a mail that my proposal for the web app is ok to proceed to phase 2.   Just need to meet with them on Wednesday and submit a bunch of stuff for May 22. 

No comments:

Mga Nadaldal