Saturday, May 19, 2007

In Memoriam : Yoyoy

I remember dancing.. interpretative dancing to his songs. One of my first self expression is dancing to his music and lyrics.. (we had about 2 or 3 albums.. I cannot just blame my dad to be in that 70's jologs mode ... i think he enjoys seeing us act like weirdos everytime he plays it in the quadrophonic (just because stereo is just "left-and-right-phonic" still remember Pilita Coralles talking about this "technology." -- "buhay na buhay") turntable with that big box cabinets.

"Mag exercise" is a given..
"Tarzan and Barok" is a cool costume song (use your mom's rollers for "Barok bones", use tattered rags for a barok style toga.. tiger prints a must!)
and my favorite.. I think the title is "bungalow or kandila"

The lyrics escape me..

i remember using the piano seat as my haunted house, where i scare myself of Yoyoy's multo song..


kaya't ako ay umasenso sa
kandilang pinupulot ko na
ibinenta ko sa binundo, sa halagang sampung piso ang kilo..
aray, aray, aray.. (and at this point I will be melting like a candle.. hwe- he he.. kulit!)

hwaaaahhhh my memory is failing me..

basta there's was this haunted mansion where he stays alone
pinamana
he gets scared at night so he buys candles in binondo to keep him awake..
the candles are the cheap kind kasi this is recycled balls of used wax sold per kilo.. so it doesn't help to keep his lights on..
so the ghosts bother him still everyday, so in frustration he just decides to go back to the provincial peace and quiet

When i go back to my parents' place, I will get my Yoyoy albums and really, really remember the song and my dance..

I AM A YOYOY VILLAME FAN!

Heard about this in the news, he passed away yesterday. Yoyoy Villame. The end of an era.

*****

This senti thought was brought to you by :

Pioneer epoxy, pioneer epoxy.
Pandikit ng kristal, tanso at bakal
reprigirator radiator...
mas matibay pa sa orig, sa mas mahabang panahon
Pioneer epoxy! :P

No comments:

Mga Nadaldal