Wednesday, May 16, 2007

OK. HK is OK after all. Not!

I came to HK with a withered spirit, trips should refresh me, but if with my local situation where all should still run like clockwork on remote one should only rely on superwoman mode.

I came in with all my data, when other countries prepare, rehearse in teams prior to trips (trivia : india has 100 employees -- 3 to scan, 5 to research, 10 to staple...,) i scamper to scan and encode, study and research and then only have time to assemble when people are sleeping in the hotel, worse if they are partying, or just leisurely enjoying the PEP in HK. I've been promised an office, I've been promised colleagues.. huh.. promises, promises.

Fortunately I have come up with a presentation powerpoint, (with my angel of a boss Darwin who helped me out doing the ppt effects.) and if all else is lacking, rely on theatrics. There goes my 7 years of (college and professional) theater come in handy. Yup, can say I did a kickass presentation given my content (nipis...) so that part, which is most important is cool

****

HK is OK!

Went to the peak..

rode the cable car..

Replaced my broken ipod nano with a 30 gig ipod, bought it at the same price..

had a good chat with my brother boss while he was fidgeting with my presentation, and was assured i am doing well, doing great! even if i have some doubts about me..

reunited with my APAC gal pals..

reunited with my APAC brothers..

had dinner with mates from Indonesia, Korea, Turkey, Bangladesh, India, saudi Arabia, HK, Taiwan, South Africa and Egypt.. i know which culture can and cannot each fish, chicken, pork, beef, veggies..

i have a picture of a (fake?) piranha with teeth who could cut through flesh but can't cut through plastic to escape (hwe-he-he) ..

i have seen a funny vision of a pregnant NEMO fish..

i went to a temple.. and was taught how to do chinese "enchantations" for luck, i did this shaking of sticks thingie to get answers to life questions. Just for culture and with my traditions intact i was doing it with this OST in my head: Joey de Leon's itak-tak mo!

my "lucky stick" was 7, and a guy gave me a chinese poem where my future is written :
first 2 lines go : autumn and winter is near, birds flock towards the north.. (he said i'll get want i want, because i deserve it! YEHEY!)

smiles from strangers when i bring out Bien and BearLyn from my bag to get their pics taken..

went to the train going to disney land for free.. just because i studied the train interchanges and worked out a plan to detour to the disneyland train and back to my regular route without leaving the MTR system..

great room with a view! a discount for the extra day i paid for it myself because i decided to stay..

free drinks, guy pals buying me drinks when its no longer free (kapal! he he)..

I get to see my uber boss Benson..

I finished my presentation .. that morning when I went back from gimmick..

****

then i got the craziest surprise of the season!...

My PC crashed! I do not have a back-up, all my office files gone..

all my recent pictures, lots of pictures gone to oblivion!..

Personal and password files! Oh my! me and my memory... GONE!

*****

Ok I am trying to be happy. I am, still counting my blessings. But really naloloka na rin ako, haven't started to pick up the pieces.

Still sore from carrying luggage.. from lots of walking that last day in HK trying to fit in the holiday portion in one afternoon...

******

one tip.

BACK-UP!

*****

for related pix, visit my multiply site.

No comments:

Mga Nadaldal